Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Retro Witnesses a Horrible Accident:

On Sunday the 28th of March at 9:00AM, there was a really bad accident on the Jumeirah Beach Road. It actually happened right in front of the Madinat Jumeirah and the traffic was backed up till Wild Wadi, well maybe by the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
So what happened was, I was running late for class and since I don't live that far from the university. It always takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to get to class but since I got up on the wrong side of bed my week has been getting worse by the second. So i got on the road and headed towards the university and before I knew it, I was sitting in traffic for about 2 hours. There seemed to have been an accident on the road, No, not just your typical accident and NO I didn't hit the car, I wasn't even driving at that time (a friend took me to my university).


The Picture represents an illustration of the water pipe bursting on the Beach Road


A water tanker was busy doing it's routes when it suddenly flipped in front of Madinat Jumeirah. It happened right in front of the traffic signal. Also what had happened was that there was a lot of water (from the water tanker) and glass all over the road and to make things worse, a Water Pipe blew up leaving the entire road flooded with glass and water. The police had ceased ALL traffic going towards the Dubai Marina and the Palm Jumeirah and UOWD.


By the time I reached to the university, it was around 11AM, I was TWO hours late for class. Since the accident had happened, I'm not sure if the Driver survived because I think I saw an ambulance pass by but I'm not a 100% sure on that part. Also I called 2 radio stations (104.8 Channel 4FM and 104.1 & 100.5 Radio 1) and I told them the story. Radio 1 called me back and put me on Live AIR, so I told everyone about what had happened. In the end once I reached to the university, I had to take a make up class for the first tutorial that I missed (it seemed that many people missed it due to the lovely traffic flow in Dubai -__- )

No comments:

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...