Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Retro's Desktop Pc Issues: Fan Issues

This is what I'm going to do to my PC if it still refuses to respond!!!!


Have you ever felt like going on your desktop pc at home and had decided one day that you will probably stay up for about at least a couple of hours just to play some games or probably go and browse the internet? Well I felt like doing that tonight, which to some point, something strange happened today.
Today I had decided (since I couldn't sleep of course) to go and use my desktop computer for a couple of hours and I was thinking "hey, why don't I go spend half an hour on Facebook, then check out tonights news at Gulf News and then why not I go play The Sims 2?". So I went online, dealt with Facebook, I checked my inbox and commented on some of my friend's statuses and then I logged out of there and headed on to Gulf News to read the headlines of todays world problems.
Then since all that took about 45 minutes, I should restart my desktop PC before I even play my game and I did. Eventually after restarting my pc, I ended up having a couple of problems. Once everything was up and running my desktop pc decided to quit on me when I was playing my game.
Now just imagine, the loading time of my game (The Sims 2) took about 45 to an hour due to my pc acting up, so I was like who cares, it's probably Kaspersky doing some quick scan (but it wasn't). So as soon as the game loaded, I just went to play with a random family and believe it or not. In less than 5 minutes the fan from my desktop computer started making noise. Not like any noise, it was more like a buzzing sound BZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And I was confused at first, so I was like WTF? And then the sound started getting louder and that's when I just decided to quit the game as soon as possible because my pc sounded more like it was going to explode and maybe set my room on fire (which I did not want that to happen). So I quickly hurried up and pressed the exit button and the sound of the fan kept getting louder, So I was like "That's it, I have to manually press the restart button on the PC and see what happens". So I did and now the fan had instantly calmed down. The strange thing was that I didn't bother downloading anything new for my game, I have one of the least number of downloads. I remember reading on some forums that people would have at least 8 to 9 GB of downloads but I only had about 6GB (including music and the neighborhood files).
Now I don't know what to do with my desktop PC? I want to throw it out the window (literally speaking) But I need to back up ALL my downloads (don't expect me to download everything from scratch.) And take my movies but this stupid PC of mine is refusing to copy any files. So whatever shall I do? I was thinking I am going to call the repairman and me and him are both going to try and back EVERYTHING up from my desktop PC and then I will literally throw the desktop PC out the window and end it already.

2 comments:

XTR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XTR said...

Take it easy pal! I know how tempting it is to toss it away! After all, your computer is called Toss!

Just get a new one and end it already. How about you take Lunar's powerful desktop?

*evil laugh* bwaahaaahaa

NO more computer for the mull

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...