Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Technical Problems Affecting My Life:



Ever since I came back to Dubai, I have been having so many technical problems. I think that now with all the high tech gadgets and things, that ALL those technological items hate me.
Here is a brief summary of what has happened to me ever since I came back from my holidays:
  • My desktop computer has stopped working (I will be explaining these issues in details)
  • My satellite box has stopped working (Thanks a lot Showtime & Orbit :@ )
  • My Internet has literally been driving me crazy (I hate you Etisalat, you and your so called "good services". Hah!)
  • My mobile has also been on the fritz (Talk to Etisalat's services)
All those points that I have just mentioned has been bothering me for the past couple of days.
My Desktop Computer:
My desktop computer is my main computer that I use (other than my laptop) for doing my university assignments, printing papers and who could forget play some games (The Sims 2, Spore & Simcity Societies and of course surf the Internet). Now all that has changed. When I came back to Dubai, I had decided that I was going to use my desktop PC to play my games and of course the computer was running normally for about 2 days. I had decided that I was going to play my games for about 3 to 4 hours max and not more than that and then of course something happened the very next day.The very next day my desktop computer was running normally and I had decided to check my email before I went to sleep, so I checked my mail and then I went to sleep. Suddenly at around 4:20 AM in the morning, my computer started making a lot of noise but I was confused since the Internet was off, it was still making a lot of noise. So I woke up and I went and clicked on the start button and then clicked "shutdown without updates" and I pressed that and the computer shutdown safely.The very next day, I went to switch on the PC and my PC started to make 3 beeping sounds and then it turned off without me touching the PC. So I was confused with all this and I called the repairman (who didn't bother showing up on Thursday but he will come hopefully on Saturday) and I explained the problem to him on the phone and he told me that the RAM and the video card might be a little loose, so he will come and fix it. So I asked him what was I supposed to do? He said just switch the PC off my the power outlet and don't touch it till he comes to see it. And I did, eventually the PC got worse as I had decided to check whether or not it would work tod
ay but it didn't, and I think the video card burnt out *sigh*.Let's talk about Showtime:
Showtime offers everyone a great variety of movies and shows to watch but now they have recently merged with Orbit. Now for the past few months my Showtime satellite box has been running normally until Wednesday, when it decided to quit on me. Now the box is making a loud buzzing sound, louder than ever and to make things worse, the satellite box keeps restarting ALL the time and the buzzing sound keeps getting louder. I already called and cussed the daylights out of Showtime and I told them that I was unhappy with their service. Of course they are finally going to change it sometime this week.

Etisalat: The Biggest Frauds EVER
Oh Etisalat, you are one of the worst services I have ever used in my entire life. Your phone services suck, and your Internet services are ridiculous. So please just stop lying to everyone about your worthless services. Let me tell you what I think of your Internet services.
Your Internet services are one of the WORST services I have ever used here and just to be blunt, you guys are blocking almost the ENTIRE Internet. Well if you wanted to block ALL the Internet, then why did you bother getting the Internet services in the first place. Sure, I understand that you don't want people to look at explicit content and illegal content but does that mean you have to block sites such as the PMBD and certain news sites. Say hello to Simslice, you guys even blocked that, when there was NOTHING bad with it and I had to send you over a 10000000 messages just to tell you to unblock it and you didn't bother unblocking it until 3 weeks later and what about the PMBD, when are you planning to unblock that site? Don't worry, the ENTIRE world goes on that site for "oh I don't know" downloading some items for your SIMS and this is how you treat the Simmers Society. Well if I had to dedicate a song to you I would dedicate that song by Lilly Allen -#### You Very Much!
Now let's also talk about your Wireless Internet. What does a wireless Internet give you? it gives you Internet access on your wireless devices, am I right? Now imagine, people are paying to use their Internet services and just think, what would happen if you are spending a lot of money to use something that doesn't even work. That is money down the drain and with Etisalat they guarantee "Great Services". Well the Internet connection down in Jumeirah Sucks BIG time. So If you guys have anything to say about that? Please be my guest and say it because You guys are Thieves.
Also you guys say that your phone services are amazing and you also say that you can hear EVERYTHING whenever you call someone, you will be able to hear everything. Well I'm sorry but that is not true at all. For example, if a person goes to any public place such as the mall, their signal for the phone is really weak and why is that? The answer is that simple. It's bad service.
Now another thing, let me ask everyone on this blog. Who here thinks that Etisalat's international calls are expensive *everyone raises their hands*
OK We understand that if you call the U.S and you talk for about 30 minutes it's going to cost around 20 Dirhams but let's call Dubai's next door neighbor Saudi Arabia. "Hello Saudi Arabia, Yes I would like to inform you that for every minute I talk to you. It's going to cost me 10 Dirhams per minute. It seems that my phone services is ripping people off, ALL the time".
I feel that Etisalat's services are just unfair with everything (even their prices). Come on Saudi Arabia is Dubai's next Door's Neighbor and they are just ripping us off. Well What they should do is move Dubai next to the U.S, because then in that way the price will be cheaper than ever. I meant that in a metaphorical way about moving Dubai. Not literally speaking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The closest I ever made it to you is Doha ....

We hate the technology but we are lost without it too.

Unknown said...

Fantasia, you have a point that we would end up being lost without it, but sometimes I just can't stand it with certain types of technology.

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...