Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Something In The Air:



It has been about 2 days now since I had gotten this horrible cold and it's starting to piss me off. For the past 48 hours I have been sneezing a lot and blowing my stuffy nose. Man, I am feeling so bad and I'm also feeling a little weak. I don't know how I got this cold but I'm guessing that ever since the trip to Al Ain, since everyone got sick (except for a few people). I managed to get sick as well but a few days later. And to make my life worse, I have to stay in university from 8AM - 7:30PM. Isn't my life just wonderful or what (I love being sarcastic in cases like this).
I think this is how the flu is transferred to humans. Just look at the image above and be very careful not to get it.
Here are some useful tips on how to get rid of it and I am trying these out (this is only in mild cases):
  • Rest - beauty sleep is very important
  • Take medicines that relieve symptoms and help you rest (only if it's that necessary)
  • Drink plenty of liquids (water, orange juice but not pepsi)
  • Avoid aspirin (since too much if that is bad for the liver)
  • Avoid alcohol and tobacco ("|filthy habit, drink too much" quoted by XTR
  • Avoid antibiotics (unless necessary for another illness)
  • Chicken soup does indeed help congestion and body aches. The hot steam from the soup may be its chief advantage, although laboratory studies have actually reported that ingredients in the soup may have anti-inflammatory effects. In fact, any hot beverage may have similar soothing effects from steam. Ginger tea, fruit juice, and hot tea with honey and lemon may all be helpful.
  • Spicy foods that contain hot peppers or horseradish may help clear sinuses.
  • Foods rich in vitamins A and C are always recommended and may be helpful during a respiratory infection. They include oranges, kiwi, and tomatoes for C and sweet potatoes, spinach, and broccoli for A.
I thank Google for all these tips :)

1 comment:

XTR said...

Lol @ my quote... Hope you get well soon man. Btw, spicy foods that contain hot peppers WILL NOT clear sinuses! Who told you that? I remember last year I went to the doctor because of my sinus andhe told me to specifically avoid spicy foods as they worsen the sinus... it'll be more inflammed.

I think you must have caught that nasty flu from one of your classmates in college. Oh great, now everybody in your college is a virtual petri dish for disease. I hope the teachers would be fine at least so that you get some proper education!

Anyway, get well soon man

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...