Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Retro's Last Recipe Of The Year:

I have an announcement to make, I have decided to quit cooking. I know this is coming out of the blue, but what can I say, I just got tired of cooking. A couple of family members and friends of mine are devastated about my drastic changes that I've been making. I haven't really decided about when I'm going to resume cooking and adding recipes to my blog ( I still have a bunch of recipes on my mind, but these are the breaks). Who knows when I'm going to resume cooking, maybe in a week, a month, a year or probably never.
So as of today I'm going to be uploading my last recipe of the year. I hope you'll like it, it's just Retrotrut's Homemade Burgers.

Ingredients:

  • Low Fat Minced Beef
  • Smoked Gouda Unprocessed Cheese **
  • Chopped Onions
  • Chopped Garlic
  • Crushed Black Pepper
  • Spicy Mustard (Dijon Mustard would also do)
  • Sour Cream (Not Labnah)
  • Hamburger Buns
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes
Preparation:
First take the Smoked Gouda Cheese and cut it up into cubes, then add it to the minced meat. While you mix that with your hands, you should then add the chopped onions to the minced meat and keep mixing it with your hands. After that add the chopped garlic followed by the crushed black pepper.
Once you're done with that, you have to make the minced meat into patties and once that's done, you just fire up the grill and cook it. Cook it to your preference (Whether you want the burger to be rare, medium or medial-well or well done). I prefer grilling it until it's well done, I took about 30 to 45 minutes just grilling it because I had made about 20 burgers for a gathering once (about 15 people showed up).
As soon as you finished grilling the burgers, you have to make them into sandwiches. Before you do that, just take the spicy mustard and mix it with the sour cream because that's what you're going to be putting on to the burger buns. 
Now after you add the must and sour cream sauce (Rachael Ray's South Western Sauce Recipe if you used Dijon Mustard and eliminated the black pepper). You can add some black pepper to it, then after you do that, add the burger and then you can add the lettuce and tomatoes.
I hope you like my last recipe of the year or maybe season, I'll see I might cook again sooner or later.

**Note: The Smoked Gouda Cheese (Unprocessed): Where can you get that in the U.A.E.?
You can only get that from Galleries Lafayette at The Dubai Mall. 3rd floor in their grocery section. It's really worth it. It costs about 20 dirhams for about 2 thick slices (about half a kilo or even less). Now this would be unprocessed cheese and it's extremely healthy to have (in my opinion). Don't get the Processed cheese from Spinney's or the Union Co-Op or Choitrams, those cheeses burn easily and it can ruin the recipe.
Now in case you don't want to  use the Smoked Gouda Cheese, simply go and buy some Mozzarella Cheese and it should be a large block of cheese not shredded cheese.

No comments:

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...