Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Global Warming Is Starting:

It's true, global warming is among us. No matter what people say, it's true that the world is falling apart (literally speaking). Take a look at what has happened to Haiti, there was an earthquake that destroyed the country, leaving thousands dead, lost and homeless. It's bad enough that they got affected but now Chile got affected with an earthquake with the magnitude of 8.8 (YIKES), leaving 11 aftershocks that had magnitudes of at least 6.0. Poor them, they are in so much trouble and to make things worse, With the earthquake destroying Chile, the President has announced that this is a "Catastrophic Disaster" and the earthquake has left so many Tsunami warnings to many islands and countries. These places include: Philippines, Russia, Japan, Hawaii and so on.


Now with parts of the world breaking away into pieces, Dubai on the other hand has been changing like crazy. Before I remember it would rain at least once or twice every few years, since we're living in a desert. We never get to see frequent rainfall like what some parts of the world get (Europe, London, Some parts of the US and so on). Sometimes we would wish to see that but not too much.

Since the year 2009, Dubai has been getting some weird weather systems. lets see we've been getting a lot of rainfall, at least about 5 to 10 chances of rainfall during the year. Also along with the rain, we get hail and winds. I remember sometime on March last year (2009), it had been really windy one day and I remember we had a few strong gusts of winds along with some electrical storms but there was no rain until later that night and we got a surprise, most of Dubai got covered with Hailstones and it was like as if it had snowed here but it didn't and don't get me started on the temperatures.

This year (2010), the temperatures have been going a little nuts, one day it's 20 degrees, another day it's 9 degrees and another day it went up to 31 degrees. Well I'm telling you, it's insane. Also just on the 27th of March 2010, we had a set of strong winds, they were so strong that things kept flying around and wouldn't stay in it's place, leaving dust along it's windy footsteps (Don't you just love my metaphors or what?) and then at around 8:30PM, we had a Severe Electrical Thunder Storm. Leaving all outside the UAE's residents to view nothing but loads of flashing bolts along the country. Since many people live in the Jumeirah Area, Some sources told me that even some lightning had struck around the ocean and the lightning was so strong that most phones were down, TV Signals were gone, Internet Signals were fading away and many places flooded.

Then it finally started to drizzle for about 3 seconds followed by a gush of water. Many people were drenched with water and some hail hit some areas. I remember at around that time, I stuck my head out the window to call someone and I couldn't because in just a couple of seconds, I was soaking in a lot of water .
With all this going on, my lazy cat "Dido" (Yes, I named my cat after the singer), managed to sleep through the storm. How could anyone fall asleep during this weather, I remember that my own grandfather couldn't sleep with all that flashing light and rain making so much noise. He kept blaming me for it, but frankly I can't make all that noise on my own :P

Eventually the rain had manage to cease for a while but as Gulf News predicted, that we will be facing some unstable weather for the next couple of days. Oh great, just my luck, I was planning to go to Aquaventure this coming week since I have nothing to do on my free time. Well so much for that theory, I guess I better plan something to do indoors.


Don't you just love the weather we've been having across the UAE or what? I'm actually enjoying the weather until the summer because, I know for a fact that the temperatures will go above a million degrees :P

No comments:

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...