Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Has It Been That Long?


Doesn't it feel that time has passed by really fast. I remember when I heard so many songs such as the Macarena or ATB - 9PM or even Eric Clapton. Also time has been going by so fast, that I remember back in the 1990's Dubai was just a desert that had very few buildings built here, now Dubai just looks like a Christmas Tree. I remember my parents told me that before back in the 70's Dubai was just sand and Sharjah was more like the place to be because in Sharjah, they would be the only place in the whole of the Emirates that would have a fast food place over there and I think it was called "Wendy's". And one time I remember my parents also mentioned that the roads were mainly made up of sand and it's not really like the roads we have nowadays.
Even technology has changed over the past 19 years. I remember back in the 1990's the coolest gadgets used to be the Nintendo 64 and the Dreamcast. Now it's a tie between the X-Box 360, Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Wii. Hmm I wonder, what will the world look like 20 years from now? I also remember reading something about the 1950's when some people predicted that the future will consist of flying cars, but so much for that theory. I think that might be done in about another 500 years from now. Can you imagine what Dubai would look like in the year 2100? I bet by that time it would look completely different and that the Burj Dubai would not be the tallest hotel in the world, it would probably be some other building even bigger and I'm guessing that the price of Pepsi would be 25 Dirhams for 1 can and that would be considered to be the cheapest, imagine how much would a meal at a cafe would be? I wonder how would even the technology would look like? Who knows?!

No comments:

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...