Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Friday, September 18, 2009

Retro's Week: Ending Of September 2009

As written in the Holy Qur’an, “To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return” (2:156) - Taken from Wikipedia


Oh man, this week was such a long week and I did not enjoy it that much. Even though, I'm in university, the work load is increasing by the minute but you think that's my only problem?
Well let me tell you what has happened to me this week , it's a long story but I'm going to summarize it for everyone.

This week I had my normal university classes (which took forever to finish), followed by my driving lessons (which I really like) and then followed by an unfortunate event (which I will explain momentarily). There was also the Tuition classes at the university, which was really annoying. Here let me tell you what has happened in my life.

On Tuesday, after I came home from the university and my driving lessons (which was from 9AM till around 5:30PM) I went to see if my mother was in her room but to my consent, she was no where to be seen. So I asked my little brother where she was and he told me that she had gone out with my grandfather. About 45 minutes later, once my mother came home. I went up to her and asked about where she had been and she told me that she and my grandfather went to see my Grandfather's Brother In Law at the hospital because he had a heart attack. So I was like shocked and all and then I made a decision to go and see him straight after Iftar.

Once I had finished having my Iftar, I went upstairs to go and get ready and I was just about to leave the house, when my uncle called me and he asked to speak with my mother. I told him that she was on her way to pick up the phone, so I thought that I would mention my grandpa's brother in law being in the hospital but he already knew that. So my mom picked up the other line. Little did they both know, I was still on the phone before I hung up. And my uncle told my mother (while I was eavesdropping) that my grandfather's brother in law had just passed away.
Allah Yarhamha!

I was so shocked to hear the news, and I couldn't believe he was gone. I always used to see my grandpa's brother in law at every wedding and sometimes he would pass by my house with his wife (my grandpa's sister). Whenever I would see him at the weddings, I would always see him sitting alone on the chair and I would always go and talk to him. I would ask him how's life and he would ask me about mine and we would tend to talk about old things. He was a really nice person to hangout with but it's so sad to see that he has left us but by now he has gone to a better place.

So, that day I went to the hospital to pay my respect to my cousins and aunts and uncles and when I reached to the hospital (which looked like a mall; the name of the hospital is City Hospital), I saw his body covered up in those bags that you see in those movies where the dead people are kept in, it's actually a white bag and not a black one. Then I saw my poor aunt crying with her mother over her father's body and my cousin was extremely sad that day 7aram. I went up to her to see them and I tried to calm them down. Then later all my aunts and uncles came to visit them at the hospital to pay respect to my aunt & her mother and my cousins.
By the very next day we ended up having the Azzaa (also known as a funeral) at my house for 3 days and yesterday was the Third day.

1 comment:

Sepehr said...

Man U R a very good writer and this piece is a really good one.
You know, when I read this, I felt the circle of life (birth, life and death)
Some people think death is sad but I have to disagree!!!
When somebody passes away ( I don't know if my expression is right or not! ) I just imagine he/she is in heaven and has a peaceful life. This way of thinking helps us a lot!
At the end I just wanna say I feel you and I know how you feel but just imagine him in heaven and it will help you.

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...