Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Monday, March 30, 2009

Disturbing Weather In The U.A.E: Days 5 &6


Day 5
This has been one heck of a morning. It's now 1:30AM and there is a lot of lightning outsidem I can see the weather is starting to look bad. It's so bad to the point no one can sleep in my house :P
So the winds are kicking in and there's lightning but where is the rain? Didn't I already ask this question before? 
Later at 2:20AM it started raining a lot, coinsidense? I think not. Gulf News Says "..The weather we are having at the moment is not unusual weather, this seems to be the normal weather for March.." I don't think this weather seems to be normal weather, come on it's a desert and how many times does it rain in a desert? once every few years. So now about the rain, yeah so it kept raining until sometime in the morning (I Don't remember when exactly). But by the time it went 12:00PM (noon) it started to rain heavily until 1:15PM. Then finally the weather started clearing out and it became sunny for the rest of the day until the very next day (Day 6).

Day 6

So many things have happened through out these days and I just don't know where to begin, Let's see it started raining for about 6 days now, the news issued a weather warning and then *sigh* they removed the weather warning :(
What can I say about that? It's now 12:40PM on Monday March 30th 3009 and I am looking out the window again and to tell you the truth it became cloudy again (I wish that it would rain so much so the ministry would give us that day off). It's not like any other day except other than the clouds covering up the sky and making Dubai look more like Europe (minus the drainage system we have here which totally sucks). The weahter is now gloomy, and it's still windy. I went downstairs around 11:45AM and believe it or not the wind was pretty strong that it pushed 2 lawn chairs from my house straight into the swimming pool.  And when Gulf News said "...Expect the weather to be nice and clear by Tuesday..." Hah, don't make me laugh. They had to reprint the weather report and say "...Expect the weather to be questionably unstable until Sunday...". Obviously it's going to be bad weather. Oh yeah by the way (btw), expect a lot of thunderstorms to hit Dubai tomorrow. The weather forcast reads "...there will be a lot of thunderstorms tonight and hopefully also tomorrow..." So just remember everyone to get ready for the bad weather tomorrow. Might I suggest everyone carries an unbrella with them and dress warmly or dress in jeans if you want and a jacket with a hood ;)
Also I forgot to mention that during the past few days the weather has reduced visibility accross the U.A.E. So many flights have been delayed for quite sometime.
Update: Today at 5:00PM there was a loud sound of thunder as well as a big flash of lightning. Yes it had rained a lot at my university. This is something different for a change, other than it being cloudy and hazy the entire time. Let me tell you a short story of what happened today. So it goes like this: I was hanging out with my friends today at the university and one of my friends were leaving, so we decided to walk with him towards the lobby of the university and that's where it all happened. As soon as one of my friends left, my other friend and I were just chatting about things and we were looking at the birds sitting all over the ledge behind the Shangrila Hotel and suddenly a large flash of rain just flashed right in front my my friend and I and then a loud thunder came after that. Boy was it freaky but then it was a little funny after all the birds that were sitting on the ledge just started flying away :P
There was just a lot of lightning going on for about 15 minutes then it started to drizzle for about 5 - 6 minutes after that it had rained. So here we are, my friend decides to go to the Dubai mall while I go and just sit with my study group, but wait just before that my brother calls me on my mobile. He calls me and asks me to go to Sharaf DG to check and see if they have a charger for the X-Box controller. So I was like, OK that's fine. I'll just walk towards Sharaf DG, it will only take about 3 minutes to reach there. So I went and I started walking there while it was just drizzling. As soon as I reached half way, the rain got even worse. So here I am just standing in the rain with my hood on waiting for the walk signal to turn green and by the time it turns green I just ran towards the shop. When I approach the shop, I go and see if they have that thing my little brother wanted but they didn't have it. Just before I left I tried calling him but all the network was down, there was NO signal for the phone for about an hour. Then I had to walk all the way back to my university and I had to walk in the rain, so I went and I walked in the rain. As soon as I arrive to the university I am soaking wet :( and I didn't even have a spare shirt :(
So I just had to go to class and then just suffer until 8:00PM. 
By the way, it also rained in Abu Dhabi at long last and it was drizzling in Al Ain but not a lot. Also the visibility of the road was bad, from Dubai it was 800m and from Abu Dhabi it was 500m
Oh yeah and the temperature was dropping through out the U.A.E. 

Want to hear about Day 7? Day 7 will be posted tomorrow night at midnight!


1 comment:

XTR said...

I totally agree with the absurdity of the weather forecast! Isn't it that obvious? Normal weather? Hah...

If that's the case then what about all the hail? the never seen before amount of rain? you call that good old normal?

Keep up the good work and keep us posted dude!

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...