Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Getaway: Being a Winner


It's Thursday Afternoon and I am feeling so tired after a long day at work. So I reach reach home around 3 in the afternoon and I am feeling hungry and tired after being gone for a long time. I come home and I open the fridge seeing that there is only a piece of bread just sitting there from God knows when and some leftover Chinese food from last Tuesday. Ugh, even the fridge has a disgusting smell. You know that rancid smell of rotting food just makes you feel nauseated. Well anyway, so I am now sitting down and I just start deciding which fast food place should I go to, was it KFC? McDonald's(I'm hating it)?Burger King(also known as Mayonnaise King)? So I asked myself which of these sounded great and then I came up with the idea that I would go to KFC and end it already. I got into the car and I headed straight for KFC. Now in order for me to get there I have to sit through all this traffic again. 45 minutes later I reach there and I get out to go and park the car but isn't that unfortunate, there is no parking left. I might as well park it behind the KFC and I did :) which then lead me into parking in a No Parking Zone. Could my day get any worse? that's a retorical question, of course it can. It's about a billion degrees outside not forgetting it's also extremely humid. There are many things why this I'm having a bad day. Sometimes I wish I could have a good day.
So I go into the KFC and something unexpected happens to me. I go in to order some food and by the time I finish ordering my food, the waitress gives me this scratch & win coupon. If I scratch this scratch & win coupon and I get 3 stars then I would win a fantastic getaway for an entire week to Palm Beach (and thats where the rich and famous people live other than Beverly Hills) and stay at the New Hilton Hotel and you get a new car. The second prize is 30,000$ & a solid gold Rolex wrist watch and I wouldn't mind winning that (who wouldn't?!) and the last prize is a 500$ gift voucher to shop at the mall (nah that doesn't really get my attention). Before I scratch the coupon, I pray and I wish to win something good and I hope to win the first prize) or even the second prize.
Here I go to scratch the coupon, I scratch the first part of the coupon and I get one star, then I slowly scratch the second part of the coupon and I slowly scratch the final part and it's A STAR. 
Suddenly the KFC Waitress looks at my coupon and she starts cheering with joy and then the other waiter presses this button where confetti starts falling from the ceiling and then the balloons follow the confetti as well. After that the manager of KFC comes up to me and says "Sir, congratulations on winning the First prize". So here I am standing there looking and feeling happy and then the Manager comes up to me and gives me 3 tickets and he said that there tickets are for you. One ticket is for you and you can take 2 more people to go with you. And the manager also quoted "you don't have much time, because your flight to Palm Beach leaves in 48 hours". So I have to hurry up and pack up and then get on the plane with the two people I have picked. The two people are............To be continued.

Next week Find out which two people were chosen to go on this luxorious getaway!!!!


Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...