Dido World Tour May 5 - June 30 2019

Saturday, September 13, 2008

EARTHQUAKE IN DUBAI?

Yes it's true, On Wednesday an earthquake hit Iran (not sure where, I think it was in banderabbas? or something like that). It was a powerful earthquake and it was Level 6.5 which means it is a REALLY bad one. The after shock came to the United Arab Emirates and it affected many places like Umm Al Quiwaine (please excuse the spelling), Ras Al Khaima, Sharjah & Dubai.
Many buildings were evacuated. Even my university was evacuated. Many banks were evacuated some other buildings were also evacuated. This all happened at 3:00PM or 3:30PM in Dubai.
The buildings were shaking on the Sheikh Zayed Road. I swear to God I think I saw Dusit Dubai shake. I swear that was so freaky. Here is a video that I found on the earthquake.
Note: that I didn't watch the video so please excuse the language in it. It could be Indian or Arabic or English. I don't Know!



Also I would like to add that after the earthquake some parts of Dubai had no internet access whatsoever. This was the biggest surprise ever. At least in Al Diyafa Road. Most of the internet cafes over there had closed down because there was no internet.

No comments:

Dido- Friends

Here is the song "Friends": Dido - Friends Lyrics: I know you thought I'd never be Really much of anything While y...